All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dirk Dondorp
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:51 pm 

This afternoon I received the following message with great sadness. Dirk was a true enthusiast and an active TABC member. He will be missed.

Quote:
I have the sad notice that my dad passed away this night to TC heaven.
I know that he spent some time here and he enjoyed the global exchange on his beloved TC.

Unsure, if you have a section in your forum to post that news.

Best Regards, Dirk jr

Post subject: Re: Dirk Dondorp
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am 

Steve - please reply from the Board that we extend our deepest regrets to the family. Dirk was indeed a trrue enthusiast and a valuable contributor who will be missed.

Tom Lange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 pm 

Dirk always had good insights and clever ideas for enjoying a TC. Always friendly and helpful. One I remember was a discussion on using a Shimano (bicycle) seat quick release on the steering wheel. One of the few modifications I ever tried on my TC, and it has come in handy a number of times. 100% reversable, as no change is made to hub except removal of nut/bolt. search: "removeable steering wheel"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:50 pm 

So sad to hear of Dirks passing, a true MG enthusiast, and so helpful, he sent me pics of him and his family enjoying his TC and a disc of his rebuild which has proved invaluable on my project, he will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.