Original Door Panels needed

Discussion of TABC-related matters
Tom Wilson

Original Door Panels needed

Post by Tom Wilson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

In the midst of my research work for the forthcoming book about our T cars, I need original interior door panels from TCs (actually, all T cars, though TC is most important) to dissect and study. Panels have to be original with the pocket on them. Usable condition isn’t real important.
Green and Red used in TCs are most important, other colors from TA/TB/TD/TF are helpful. I have the biscuit panels from TC0279 but would like another of the same color.
If you have any you’d like to donate, let me know offline. I’d be happy to pay shipping for them (from most any part of the world) – or even pay you a small amount for them should that be important to you.
The book is rapidly progressing – you’ll find your donation of a door panel worthwhile!
Reply offline if you can help, and thanks in advance!

Tom Wilson
TC0272, TC0273, TC0279

Shipping address:
Tom Wilson
11541 Trail Ridge Place
Zionsville, IN 46077 USA

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Re: Original Door Panels needed

Post by Steve Simmons » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:40 pm

I can probably get you photos of some original door panels if that helps. Or do you actually need them in hand? Some TCMG members still have originals on their cars and I see them from time to time.
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Steve, photos won't help with what's needed right now. My next step will require originals to be disassembled (untacked, untied, unstitched, unsewn, unfolded, etc.).
It's a project worthy of donation, and the results will be of benefit to all - just like Doug Pelton has done for us.
Tom

Peter Roberts

Post by Peter Roberts » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 am

Tom,

Recently the Forum Email contained a post from someone looking for templates for a TA. Among others, he wanted a TC front pipe. Would you know who that might be?

_Peter Roberts
TC0604
_Peter