Door hinge request

Discussion of TABC-related matters
Mark Strang

Door hinge request

Post by Mark Strang » Sun May 24, 2020 8:13 am

I have TC7801. I'm now fitting the doors for the second time and fine tuning them after the first pass on straightening and filling etc., on the tub. I noticed that the hinge on the lower left door is different than the other side. It has a hex type half "ball" instead of the round ball used for pivoting like on the other three hinges. It also doesn't allow me to adjust the door properly. Does anyone know what this is from and does anyone have a proper hinge that is surplus to their needs that I could purchase? I'll part with mine to a good home for free if anyone needs it assuming I get a replacement. I'll never use it.

John Cockrem

Re: Door hinge request

Post by John Cockrem » Mon May 25, 2020 10:55 pm

I have one you can have Mark, but one half is a bit worn where the ball fits, the other half from a different car looks OK.
I am in Victoria, Australia. Where are you? Don't feel obliged to take it by the way!
Cheers
John Cockrem TC2268

Mark Strang

Post by Mark Strang » Fri May 29, 2020 4:42 pm

John, I'd sure be willing to try it if it isn't too much trouble to get it to me.. I know mine is not original to my TC or perhaps any TC and it doesn't fit well so yours might be far better. I'll try to figure out how to send you a PM. Haven't done that before. Mark

John Cockrem

Post by John Cockrem » Fri May 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi Mark, Whats a PM ?? I don't want any money for it, happy to post it off, I think you may be in the US, am I right? Having said that if you have some spare bits for the slow running control that would be nice but not a problem if you don't.
Cheers John

John Cockrem

Post by John Cockrem » Fri May 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi Mark, Whats a PM ?? I don't want any money for it, happy to post it off, I think you may be in the US, am I right? Having said that if you have some spare bits for the slow running control that would be nice but not a problem if you don't.
Cheers John

bloodysalmon

Post by bloodysalmon » Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 am

hi gents, just an observation that it would indeed be useful to know where in the world people live, so do we think its a good idea to update our profiles to reflect location ... it helps.
It also helps if photos are shown to see the items in discussion; often gets confusing when words like 'PM' is used ... I dont know what that is either! ... but I know what a hood is ... a cover over a childs head to keep the rain off! ... or is that a bonnet anyway?
Meanwhile I do have a number of parts spare for the TC door hinges, including dozens of brass balls and springs, plus actual hinges (being 8 different ones). :thumbs:
Chris Blood - TC2686& TC3615

Mark Strang

Post by Mark Strang » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm

How do I send a personal message to anyone? I just don't know if it is proper to send personal information to a person on this forum. Do I just post my email address. Perhaps I should update my information if I can figure out how to do that. I'm a real technical cripple with computers. Much better with a wrench. All I really need is an email address so I can communicate directly. I live in the US in Virginia. It would be really nice if I could get a hinge. So I could fit the door properly. I'm going to be doing the primer soon.

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Post by Steve Simmons » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

If you need to contact someone privately, there are two options. Look on the right under the person's name. You will see "Contact" with a little icon next to it. Click the icon and a small box will pop up.

The icon on the left is for a private message. This is exactly like making a post on the forum, except that it goes only to that person. When you receive a private message back, you will be alerted about it. To view private messages you've sent and received, go to the top of the page and just under the banner image click the 'Private Messages" link.

The icon on the right is a direct email link. Click this and your email client should open up. Then you send an email manually like you would any other time.
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com