Need an image of the felt pattern

Discussion of TABC-related matters
LaVerne Downey

Need an image of the felt pattern

Post by LaVerne Downey » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 am

I could use an image to see how the felt was cut for the side curtain box. We sourced some felt locally.

Thanks

Gene Gillam

Re: Need an image of the felt pattern

Post by Gene Gillam » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 am

I was never able to find a pattern, LaVerne. Why not cut some cardboard to fit and then use that for your pattern?

LaVerne Downey

Post by LaVerne Downey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 am

Thats what I'll most likely do Gene. Why don't you come on over and help. I could use some experience on this thing. Starting the interior... I'm not to pleased with the work I've done so far. Good thing I'm not getting paid.

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Original installation by the factory was in three pieces. End pieces, left and right, are glued on first. Make a pattern using poster board for these.
Front, back, and bottom are one long piece. Cut to width of the box, then install with glue. Use a board 1/4" x 3" x width of box to set sharp creases in the corners. After glue has dried, cut holes in the bottom for the mounting bolts.

The felt was put in by Morris Bodies Branch when they trimmed the interior, after building and painting the tub. Body was delivered to MG in Abingdon fully painted, interior trimmed out, windscreen installed (with wipers, motor, and wire), hood installed, side curtains in the storage box, lift the dot studs in place for tonneau cover, and the seats loose (shipped at same time but separate).
Tom Wilson

LaVerne Downey

Post by LaVerne Downey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks Tom, that's how I will go about it then.