TC Dashboard Position

Discussion of TABC-related matters
SteveW

TC Dashboard Position

Post by SteveW » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm currently doing my first fix of the front half of the wood frame on my TC (pictures to follow). One of the critical areas to get right is the inner dashboard and the scuttle top. I need to position the scuttle top with respect to the inner dash to allow just the right amount of space for the outer dashboard to ultimately be positioned correctly with respect to the scuttle top.

Hopefully my question will be an easy answer for those of you with a finished car...

Where does the face of the outer dash (i.e. the bit that you can see) sit with respect to the rolled edge of the scuttle top? I.e is it recessed behind the rolled edge or does it sit flush with it. I'm guessing that it sits behind it so the piping that goes around the dash ends up flush with the edge. Also, how does that then work out as the dash and scuttle sweep around to the side where it meets the doors, as the rolled edge turns into a flat face for the last couple of inches on each side. Obviously pictures would help.

Steve

stephen stierman

Re: TC Dashboard Position

Post by stephen stierman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Mine sits about flush with the rolled edge pretty much all around, maybe just a bit proud at the humps. Keep in mind there is chrome trim as well as the piping and it is the piping that finishes things off and fills any gaps to give a neat appearance.

Tim Jackson

Re: TC Dashboard Position

Post by Tim Jackson » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am

This angled photo of the dash gives some idea. The piping forms a nice 'ring' around the cockpit area.
Attachments
P1030697-1.jpg
946 TC0999 / XPAG 1638
restore note