Basket Case TC for Sale

Discussion of TABC-related matters
Norman Golm

Basket Case TC for Sale

Post by Norman Golm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 pm

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ ... 27809.html

I recently came across a Basket Case TC at the Address above. The chassis and engine, trans, and rear end are restored. Looks like a pretty good car to restore. Eric Paulson 763 473 8377
Norman Golm
12158 N Foxview Dr
Northport, Mi., USA
ncgolm@gmail.com

dirk w dondorp

Re: Basket Case TC for Sale

Post by dirk w dondorp » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 am

Sounds like a very familiar story as on most " basket " cases!
Worthwhile saving!
Good luck new owner and many happy TC driving hours,
Dirk

stephen stierman

Post by stephen stierman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 am

I would love to have that, but the distance and my encroaching 70th birthday along with a body that is not as supple as it once was and a mind that really does not have the attention span it once did, as well as a small degree of common sense will preclude this. I really don't think after TC2911 I have another ground up restoration inside of me.
Not to criticize, but what degree of procrastination allows an individual to take a vehicle apart and let it sit for almost fifty years?? Unfortunately this is an all too common scenario with too many old cars. Over the years I have bought several cars in this condition working diligently to complete the projects. I always had the thought in the back of my mind that this might be the fate that would be fall me. The dastardly uncompleted project, parts stacked in a darkened dusty garage, time passing by and a total lack of forward motion. This never happened and I am afraid I cannot risk it now. :roll:

tcremesal

Post by tcremesal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm 71 and am restoring a 61 Morgan +4 SS that was started in 1979( I'm third owner) . Just finished a 1948 "force fed " TC. You don't have to finish the project , It's the process. 69 is the new 49.

stephen stierman

Post by stephen stierman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 am

tcremesal wrote:I'm 71 and am restoring a 61 Morgan +4 SS that was started in 1979( I'm third owner) . Just finished a 1948 "force fed " TC. You don't have to finish the project , It's the process. 69 is the new 49.
I have done several Morgans over the years, the last about 25 years ago was an early Moss box Plus 8 that I still own and drive. Now if someone were to offer me a Super Sport in a basket at a price I could afford, I might very well take it on. However, in that we don't know how much time we have left for the task, I would want to work steadily towards completion as driving these old crocs offers a great deal of enjoyment for me.

frenchblatter

Post by frenchblatter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 am

It's not just age, it's also health. I have two fractured vertebrae, two semi-frozen shoulders and artheritis, all of which make it difficult to work on the cars. It wasn't so bad in the warmer, drier climes of France.
Lynne & Norman Verona.

Our website

Visit our website to see what this idiot gets up to in his retirement

stephen stierman

Post by stephen stierman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm

frenchblatter wrote:It's not just age, it's also health. I have two fractured vertebrae, two semi-frozen shoulders and artheritis, all of which make it difficult to work on the cars. It wasn't so bad in the warmer, drier climes of France.
You are quite right Norman, to some degree it is a young man's game.

dirk w dondorp

Post by dirk w dondorp » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:43 am

Not quit agree, one is as old as one feels. There any many reasons not to do, few to do many things.
Dirk, from the Charité Hospital in Berlin, on a nuclear cancer treatment ( feeling very old right now;-)) )

Duncan M

Post by Duncan M » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Just noticed your post Dirk. Hope you are feeling better.

dirk w dondorp

Post by dirk w dondorp » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Doing well,
thanks Duncan
Dirk