TC Tub

Buy and sell M.G. parts and related goods.
jddevel

TC Tub

Post by jddevel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 am

Having removed the tub from my TC -ordered a replacement from Hutsons,it seems a shame to send the metalwork to the scrap and burn the timber. Open to suggestions. Doesn`t include the door and seat furniture. I`m 12 miles from Plymouth.
Attachments
old tub.jpg
old tub 1.jpg

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Re: TC Tub

Post by Steve Simmons » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 am

I you were closer then I'd be interested. It's much better than what I'm starting with.
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com

jddevel

Post by jddevel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:58 pm

And you`d be welcome. Unfortunately even by part container it would not be cost effective. One of the reasons I did not put it on the BSS site which appears to have more US contributors. Who knows whilst open to suggestions a TC Forever would be a good swap HaHa

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:40 am

Put it on e-bay as a collection only and see what you get. Worst case scenario is that someone will take it away for you and save you the bother. However, I would be tempted to include a minimum price as there are components on the tub that are worth money - e.g. the bulls horn, outriggers and the hinges. If I had seen it at the start of my build I would have bought it to use as a template as parts of my tub were so rotten that it was hard to use that way. The other alternative would be to break it and sell the usable bits separate.

Don't think of it as only making a few pounds, think of it as a free whatever-it-is that you spend the money on during your restoration (your bank manager will thank you!).