TC wheels wanted

Buy and sell M.G. parts and related goods.
jeffacuff

TC wheels wanted

Post by jeffacuff » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Greetings, I have a TC EXU that is completely original in survivor condition . In other words it looks like a 66 year old car. The wheels on it are in poor cosmetic condition. I plan on keeping the car in its present condition and enjoying it as is. But it needs new tires as the current ones are from 1966. I cannot bring myself to put new tires on the old rusty ugly wheels but I feel like restringing them will look odd on an unrestored survivor. So I would like to find a set of used but decent wheels that look used but not as trashed as mine. If anyone knows of a set for sale please let me know.
Regards,

Doug Pelton

Re: TC wheels wanted

Post by Doug Pelton » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 am

Hi, Looking at your post for wheels on TABC. Do you still need these? I have a set that would be perfect. Doug 602-690-4927.
Doug Pelton
From The Frame Up
http://www.fromtheframeup.com/
Specialing in MG Hard To Find Parts
phone: 1-480-588-8185

Norman Golm

Post by Norman Golm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

I a set of TC wheels which have been recently powder painted (5,) four have dunlop tires mounted on them that don't look too bad, I don't know the age. The wheels run straight and true. I don't need them Isince I replaced them with chrome wheels. I would like $400 for the set. I travel to Ft Wayne In to visit my son and family often. 231 386 5857
Norman Golm
12158 N Foxview Dr
Northport, Mi., USA
ncgolm@gmail.com

frenchblatter

Post by frenchblatter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:41 am

Jeff, if you look at my blog for December and ignore showers, trenches and floors you'll see that I sandblasted my wheels and then painted with an undercoat and Moss wheel silver. Tok a few days but well worth it.

I'm sure you'll get a $10 sand blaster from Harbor Freight and kiln dried sand from the builders merchant. You will need an air compressor though.
Lynne & Norman Verona.

Our website

Visit our website to see what this idiot gets up to in his retirement