Dirk Dondorp

Discussion of TABC-related matters
Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Dirk Dondorp

Post by Steve Simmons » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:51 pm

This afternoon I received the following message with great sadness. Dirk was a true enthusiast and an active TABC member. He will be missed.
I have the sad notice that my dad passed away this night to TC heaven.
I know that he spent some time here and he enjoyed the global exchange on his beloved TC.

Unsure, if you have a section in your forum to post that news.

Best Regards, Dirk jr
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com

Tom Lange, MGT Repair

Re: Dirk Dondorp

Post by Tom Lange, MGT Repair » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am

Steve - please reply from the Board that we extend our deepest regrets to the family. Dirk was indeed a trrue enthusiast and a valuable contributor who will be missed.

Tom Lange

Duncan M

Post by Duncan M » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Dirk always had good insights and clever ideas for enjoying a TC. Always friendly and helpful. One I remember was a discussion on using a Shimano (bicycle) seat quick release on the steering wheel. One of the few modifications I ever tried on my TC, and it has come in handy a number of times. 100% reversable, as no change is made to hub except removal of nut/bolt. search: "removeable steering wheel"

neil888tv

Post by neil888tv » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:50 pm

So sad to hear of Dirks passing, a true MG enthusiast, and so helpful, he sent me pics of him and his family enjoying his TC and a disc of his rebuild which has proved invaluable on my project, he will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

lindi

Post by lindi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 am

Hello Dirk,

this is one of these news that make me stop what I just wanted to do and stay quiet.

I had contact with your father earlier this year and he wrote very open about his life and his disease. I remember well when I wrote him some lines to his birthday, I was sitting in Trentino, Italy. Now, I just came in from there in this moment back in Germany and having been there I thought to myself I should send him my greetings for chrismas in the next days. Now that.

I wish you and your family the strenght you need in this time and love to hold together. Keep the good times in your minds and be thankful for having had him.

I am feeling sincerely with you

Lindi

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Post by Steve Simmons » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 am

A few messages from the email list:
I am sorry to hear this, we conversed a few times and from what I gathered he was ill.

Steve Stierman TC2911

===

Dirk was a remarkable chap and I had many conversations with him. May he rest in peace.

Norman Verona aka "Email Norman"

===

I had the pleasure not only of exchanging many emails with Dirk, but also visiting him at his lovely home in Hamburg. A thorough gentleman in every sense of the word. This is of course a great loss to the TABC community. My prayers are with Dirks’s wife Kristin and his family.

I will miss my friend greatly…..

Murray Arundell
Brisbane Australia
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com