Hood fitting to screen

Discussion of TABC-related matters
jddevel

Hood fitting to screen

Post by jddevel » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:18 am

Trying to understand the exact detail design fitting of my new hood to the front timber and screen on my `49 TC. Specifically the area that has the cutaways for the wipers. Currently the material at the front of the hood is a straight edge which I assume tacks along the timber of the hood frame ( tacks hidden by hiddem strip). Once tacked along the front is it then returned under the frame timber and tacked again. The hood came with a separate "strip" which is I currently assume is what is used to cover the gap between the hood frame and screen and cut away to allow wiper blades. Am I correct. Picture of current owners installation would be appreciated if possible. Happy and Healthy New Year to All.

cdrolshagen

Re: Hood fitting to screen

Post by cdrolshagen » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:58 am

Hi,
send me a PM with your Email adress, I have a lot pictures made during my hood fitting,
to many to send here,

cheers Carl

jddevel

Post by jddevel » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:17 am

Thanks Carl. PM sent. Cheers Jan

Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am

Jan, I can send you fitting instructions and photos if you send me your email via PM
Tom Wilson
Kimber Creek Ltd.

jddevel

Post by jddevel » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:37 am

Cheers Tom. PM sent

mcsunseekers

Post by mcsunseekers » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Tom Wilson wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am
Jan, I can send you fitting instructions and photos if you send me your email via PM
Tom Wilson
Kimber Creek Ltd.
Hi Tom
Just joined MG forum any help with fitting a new hood would be helpful instructions and pictures.
Thanks from Michael.

Luke_s

Post by Luke_s » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:02 am

Ditto rgd pics!!

bergxu

Post by bergxu » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:30 am

Just did the hood on my ‘48 TC. You’ll need to trim the front edge after you’ve pulled the material tight so you’ll need extra hands for this exercise (two people is best) and then attach the actual roof material to the wooden bow (a strong staple gun works well) and at the corners, if you have an old top you can reference, you’ll see how the corners were done. Basically you’ll make some cuts and wrap the corners around the edges then staple/tack them to the bow (difficult to describe without photos) but then the hidem strip (the piece of trim you referenced) will cover all of your staples/tacks/whatever you use to secure the top to the front wood bow (the piece that is also wrapped in canvas and sits on top of the windscreen frame). I may have some photos from my top replacement, send me a PM and I’ll see what I’ve got.

Aaron