Hazard Flashing Unit

Discussion of TABC-related matters
jddevel

Hazard Flashing Unit

Post by jddevel » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Can anyone give me the recommended part number/unit to allow fitting of hazard flashing on my TC please.

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Re: Hazard Flashing Unit

Post by Steve Simmons » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:20 pm

I know I've seen a write-up on this somewhere. If I can't find it then I can probably reverse-engineer my father's TC, which has a hazard circuit. It might take me a while to get over there and do that however.
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com

Norman Tuck

Post by Norman Tuck » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:30 pm

I installed a digital turn signal device that does hazard lights.
It is self canceling (timed) and works with LED or standard tailight/sidelamp bulbs.
It uses two standard momentary switches (doorbell type) for left or right turn signals. Press both at the same time for hazard light. It automatically deals with the brake light/ turn signal issue.
It replaces all OEM devices (flashers, etc.).
It needs a negative ground car, with the ignition switch ON to work.
I bought mine from Speedway Motors. It was a Pent-Star unit, but is now:
Speedway Hi-Tech Deluxe Turn Signal Module For Turn Signal Switch. Speedway Motors | #91064070

I wrote an article about my installation in my Club's (Abington Rough Riders) May 2009 newsletter which can be found at:
http://abingdonroughriders.org/ARR%20Ne ... 202009.pdf

Good luck with it. It works for me. Norman Tuck

jddevel

Post by jddevel » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:58 am

Thanks both. The reason for my requiring it is not only common sense but required for European travel.

Franz Tenbrock

Post by Franz Tenbrock » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:04 am

Hithe best side in the web where it is explained how you can make it with one on-off-on switch is here
https://www.dkw-f5.de/werkstatt/licht-b ... er-teil-1/

With this information I made my own system and I use the switch in the position of the fog lamp switch, I don t have a fog lamp
I took a modern led switch so I have the control lamp in the same position, I printed a clear resin knob as the original mg knob , sprayed it once black, so it looks like the original fog switch but it is my direction light switch, the hazard switch is on position of the dashboard light switch, the dashboard light is on with the driving light..
No new switch on the dashboard and all legal now
Look to my blog here, there are some pictures
Best Regards
Franz

3D Print: CJR3 case for Lucas340, individual Titan-X spark plug holder, resin printed octagon hazzard light switch and some more,