Magnetic UK badge

Discussion of TABC-related matters
jddevel

Magnetic UK badge

Post by jddevel » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:27 am

A word of warning to those who have currently a magnetic country of origin badge. I removed mine yesterday whilst cleaning to discover that not only was it`s location obvious but it had ruined the paintwork. It had "wrinkled" it. Now it may possibly be as a result of petrol "spillage" when filling of course and capillary action because its location is just below the filler cap on my `55 TF. If that`s the case my fault for not drying properly when filling. However if permanently removed it will now need a tank respray!!!!!!

Ray White

Re: Magnetic UK badge

Post by Ray White » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:51 am

jddevel wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:27 am
A word of warning to those who have currently a magnetic country of origin badge. I removed mine yesterday whilst cleaning to discover that not only was it`s location obvious but it had ruined the paintwork. It had "wrinkled" it. Now it may possibly be as a result of petrol "spillage" when filling of course and capillary action because its location is just below the filler cap on my `55 TF. If that`s the case my fault for not drying properly when filling. However if permanently removed it will now need a tank respray!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps it would be safer to attach any self adhesive badge to a backing of masking tape...that's assuming it would also not leave a mark if left for some time...

I had been thinking about attaching a self adhesive "supercharged " badge to the back of my car (just for a giggle) but now I am not so sure.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this. :thumbs: