Tax's to be paid while importing a TC into Spain?

Discussion of TABC-related matters
bloodysalmon

Tax's to be paid while importing a TC into Spain?

Post by bloodysalmon » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:24 am

Is there anyone out there that has exported (for themselves) a classic car like ours from the UK to Spain (or a location in the EU) since brexit? :?

If so, I'd really like to hear of the experience to determine the cost, the problems and how to do it effectively. Why? Moving to Spain so need to see if its feasible to take my TC with me ... if not, going to have to sell it :(
Chris Blood - TC2686& TC3615

cdrolshagen

Re: Tax's to be paid while importing a TC into Spain?

Post by cdrolshagen » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:26 am

Hi,
so far I know, moving stuff - funiture etc. and a personal used car , is import tax and VAT free,

I will check it for you,

cheers Carl

cdrolshagen

Re: Tax's to be paid while importing a TC into Spain?

Post by cdrolshagen » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:34 am

That is the stuff which is Tax Free,

Scope of goods - household effects

Although there is no specific numerical restriction for household effects, the type and quantity of goods declared as household effects must not be of a commercial nature.
The following are considered household effects

household effects, i.e. all personal effects, household linen, bed and table linen, furniture and appliances intended for personal use by the beneficiary or in the household of the beneficiary
private vehicles of all kinds, i.e. bicycles and motorcycles, cars (with trailers if applicable), camping trailers, water sports vehicles and sports aircraft (proof must be provided that the vehicle or aircraft was registered in the name of the transferee in the country concerned)
household provisions, provided that they do not exceed the quantity normally held in stock by a family - the quantity normally held at the former place of residence is to be assumed here
domestic and riding animals
portable instruments and equipment for manual or freelance work, provided that the person moving needs them to carry out their profession.

Note

In the case of household effects, the same restrictions must be observed as when returning from a non-EU country, as certain goods are subject to licensing requirements or bans in Germany, e.g. weapons and ammunition or species-protected animals and objects made from them.

Information on the restrictions
Not

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)