TC front engine plate and accelerator wanted

Buy and sell M.G. parts and related goods.
AlexP

TC front engine plate and accelerator wanted

Post by AlexP » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Looking for several parts to complete my MG TA (XPAG engine conversion) project. Mainly the front XPAG engine plate for MG TB/TC, the accelerator assembly (TA-TC) rear shock absorbers (TA) and the LH windscreen frame stanchion. Any offers welcome, phone +491794647165. Thanks for reading. Regards, Alex

bloodysalmon

Re: TC front engine plate and accelerator wanted

Post by bloodysalmon » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 am

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. I too am i need of a reasonable xpag font engine plate. What I may say is that the accelerator assembly is different between the TA/TB and the TC, which is referenceable to the holes in the bulkhead. The TA had Luvax rear shockers which hard to find I'm told. There are some w/screen stanchions for sale on ebay in the US but they are extortionate - good luck
Chris Blood - TC2686& TC3615

AlexP

Post by AlexP » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi Chris, thank you for your kind reception and advice. I think I should introduce myself a bit. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to by an early cycle wings TA from an aquaintance englishman, when he moved back to england and could not take the car along. It was partly disassembled since a couple of years after an engine issue. The MPJG needed a complete rebuild and welding and there was some more to fix up. Finally to my great pleasure the old lady is back on the road. The spares I am looking for are for her garage companion, a 1937 TA Ex-Lancashire police car, which is subject to a complete frameoff nut and bolt rebuild. In relation to the windscreen frame part I unfortunately used the wrong term. In fact I am looking for the LH side support. The windscreen arrangement I bought via ebay came with two RH supports. Probably someone out there must have two LH supports. When I find two front engine plates I`ll let you know. Best wishes, Alex

garnaes1943

Post by garnaes1943 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 am

Did you get the engine mount plate? I have one for sale, soon. Jan

AlexP

Post by AlexP » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:16 am

Hi Jan, thank you for your offer. Still looking for a good one. Regards Alex

garnaes1943

Post by garnaes1943 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:33 am

Apparently, I can't send a pic., here! Jan